Essential Wrap is a wound dressing bandage for horses, dogs and other animals. It is non-slip, inexpensive and easy to use. The innovative wound dressing can be applied to difficult and often impossible areas of an animal and help to overcome common issues associated with traditional bandaging, such as pinched tendons, restricted movement and bandage burns.
Essential Wrap is made from kinesiology tape - a special type of material that is flexible up to 140%, allowing it to contour to the animals limbs; expanding and contracting to adjust to any swelling or movement of the animal. It is easy to apply, but even easier to remove, eliminating the need for sharp tools to remove the bandage.
Essential wrap has its own built-in wound dressing, which is free of any chemical products. Supplimental wound care products, such as creams or ointments, can be applied to the dressing depending on the type of wound.
Essential Wrap is available in 5 different sizes to suit the area of injury. Please view sizing images for best fit.
Directions for use:
1. Clean the wound and the area where the bandage is to be placed.
2. Treat wound if necessary.
3. Remove bandage from sterile packaging.
4. Peel the smaller piece of backing tape from the back of the bandage.
5. Place the peeled, adhesive section of the bandage against the leg or body, ensure the wound dressing pad covers the wound.
6. Remove the larger section of the backing tape while wrapping the bandage around the leg or injured area while applying a small amount of even pressure.
7. When you finish applying the bandage, rub the bandage with your fingers/hand to create friction to ensure that the glue in the bandage is activated and adheres properly, paying particular attention to where the bandage finishes.
Best results are achieved if the bandage is changed every 3-4 days
With the use of Kinesiology Tape, Essential Wrap allows the affected area to expand and reduce when swelling is present, allowing the animal to continue to move and eliminates the problem of further injury caused by bandages becoming either too tight or slipping.
How long does Essential Wrap adhesion last?
It is recommended that Essential Wraps be left on for no longer than four days. As with traditional bandaging, the duration for which the bandage will stay applied will be dependent on the animal and area of concern itself. If you are unsure about how Essential Wrap will work for your animal's situation, please contact your local Veterinarian for advice.
If the adhesion sticks very well, how is it possible to easily remove it without causing discomfort or pain to the animal?
Our adhesive is designed to stick to the hair and move with the body. When removing the bandage a small edge should be lifted first, and then pulled back along the bandage with the grain of the hair.
How well does it hold up in weather, or against dirt, mud or water?
Essential Wrap is designed to withstand weather and environmental conditions, making it extremely durable and versatile.
Donnybrook Hoof Crack Repair 500ml
Donnybrook Hoof Moisturiser 500ml
Donnybrook Hoof Wash 500ml